Thursday, April 14, 2011

Greetings!

The story of Calvary Christian Fellowship began like this: "Every Thursday night, a group of believers in Jesus Christ, gathers together to study God's Word in the Gonzalez Center in Colton. Our study begins at 7PM. We worship, pray and study and we invite anyone with the same desire to join us." At the time, October 1 2009, I was unsure what would happen next. Would anyone join us? 

On our first night, 15 people joined us and to my surprise, several returned the next week, then the week after that. Soon, the fellowship became such a blessing, that we decided to take the leap and begin meeting on Sundays. Our first meeting was April 11th, 2010. Again, we did not know how things would go, but God was leading us and soon, we began to identify a solid core of people that have comprised our local expression of the body of Christ.

I am the Pastor and teacher. My name is Frank Sanchez and I grew up in Colton. My grandparents and parents raised me and my siblings there, though we spent lots of time at Calvary Chapel in Redlands. After graduating from Calvary Chapel Christian School and the Calvary Chapel Bible College, I went on staff at Calvary Chapel of Redlands (now the Packinghouse) and served as the worship leader, and the Junior High and College Pastor. I left the Packinghouse in 2005 for the mission field in Spain, where I served as an Assistant Pastor. After a few years, I returned home to Southern California to serve as an Associate Pastor at Kingsfield Church in Orange County.

Today, I am committed to teach and lead Calvary Christian Fellowship and am excited to see what the Lord is growing in Colton. I look forward with great anticipation, knowing that the Lord will do greater things than we can ask or imagine.

For more information about me and my family, check out our family blog, http://frankandlela.blogspot.com. If you have questions about Calvary Christian Fellowship, feel free to email me personally at ccfcolton@aol.com.

If you'd like to check out past or current teachings, just click on a the blog entry below entitled Old Testament or New Testament.




Calvary Christian Fellowship meets every Thursday Night at 7PM in room 2 of the Gonzalez Center. We meet every Sunday morning in the Hutton Center at 10AM. Childcare through 5th grade and nursery services are available for all Sunday services.




Thanks for taking the time to visit.

May the Lord bless you.

Blessings,
Frank Sanchez

1 comment: